I am a US citizen who meets the derived citizenship requirements but can not prove residency.


Thinking you qualify for derivative citizenship and submitting the necessary proof are clearly two different matters. My firm prepares an attorney-cover letter, declarations, affidavits, and supporting evidence. There are usually ways to prove derivative citizenship if the person qualifies. You most likely do not want to do this yourself. If it is denied, then you will go back to being a person without legal status.


Brian D. Lerner
Attorney at Law

By Brian D. Lerner, Immigration Attorney