Home » Family petitions for permanent residents » Family Member Petitions

Family Member Petitions


Family Member Petitions

  • US Immigration Laws have many different categories of petitions that can be filed. Once filed under US Immigration Law, the priority date will depend upon the preference of the petition.
  • 245(i) Life
  • Child
  • Sibling
  • CSPA
  • Marriage
  • Family
  • Adoption
  • Orphan
This type of visa will allow you to obtain the Green Card for you, your spouse and your unmarried children under 21 years old. Immigration marriage petitions are issued for only 2 years through a conditional green card.

There are many types of family relationships that the United States allows a petition to be filed to get the Green Card. Some types of relationships would be United States Citizens petitioning their son, daughter, mother, father, brother, sister or spouse. Other petitions would be Lawful Permanent Residents petitioning their son, daughter, or spouse.

Depending on the type of petition, a visa number must be available to proceed to the final processing for the Green Card. Sometimes this takes many years. A petition for a brother or sister in the Philippines can take nearly 20 years. If the wait is too long, there are several other options that each family should consider to allow their loved ones come to the United States sooner.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.