Skip to content
Home » I-131 » I-131, I-90 and Re-Entry Permit Renewals

I-131, I-90 and Re-Entry Permit Renewals

immigration attorney

Re-entry Permit renewals

The NSC Liaison Committee reports “unofficial” questions and answers from a recent stakeholder meeting. Topics include I-131 receipting procedures, New Lockbox Procedures, Reentry Permit renewals, submission assembly, OPT extension, I-131s filed by asylees and I-90 forms. To apply for or renew a Re-Entry Permit, you must be a PR and hold a valid travel document with at least three months’ validity. You will need to provide original documents and official translations (for documents in languages other than English), as well as copies of the documents for ICA to retain.

A reentry permit establishes that you did not intend to abandon
status, and it allows you to apply for admission to the United States
after traveling abroad for up to 2 years without having to obtain
a returning resident visa. Reentry permits are normally valid for 2
years from the date of issuance.

You may also want to get a reentry permit if you plan on traveling
outside the United States and cannot or do not wish to get a
passport from your home country. Many countries throughout the
world may allow you to use a reentry permit much like you would
use a passport—placing necessary visas and entry and exit stamps
in the permit—so you may use it as your main travel document.
Be sure to check with any country you plan to visit about specific
requirements before you travel.

Re-entry Permit renewals