my 1-360 is approved. Currently I am under deferred action. Can i now file a divorce without affecting my VAWA


Yes, you may file the divorce. VAWA is based upon being battered and it would not be a very good policy if they did not permit you to divorce the person who is beating you. Assuming you qualify, you should get the adjustment filed right away.


Brian D. Lerner
Attorney at Law