I am a US Citizen and want a residence for my husband from Guatemala

It would appear that your husband has a deportion order. Therefore, it would be necessary for you to file three separate petitions. First, would be the consulate processing petition; second, would be the waiver of inadmissibility of the 3/10 year bar and finally would be the Permission to Reapply for admission to the U.S. He would eventually have to leave based upon the information you provided. I would have to see if any facts exist that put him under 245(i). However, it is doable, but will take time.


Brian D. Lerner
Attorney at Law