Does divorce after 2 yrs of marriage to a permenant resident, hinder the non-permenant resident from becoming a permenant rsdnt?

The problem here is that it seems that your friend never even received the conditional residency. If your friend did receive the conditional residency, then a petition to remove that conditional residency must be filed before the termination of the conditional residency card. If a divorce occurs, then it must be accompanied with the divorce waiver. It is possible to get the permanent residency under these situations if everything is properly done.