Can a person still apply for a green card if separated from an US Citizen and they are on bad terms but also have children?


There are different categories of applying for Naturalization. You would need to apply under the 5 year provision. You would not need to be on good terms with your wife for this provision. There are several other elements, but I would need to confirm with you whether you qualify.


Brian D. Lerner
Attorney at Law

By Brian D. Lerner, Immigration Attorney