Skip to content
Home » Adustment of Status » Affidavit of Service (AOS) Based on K3 Granted

Affidavit of Service (AOS) Based on K3 Granted


How long can I stay in the U.S. with a K3 visa?

AOS based on K-3 Granted after client entered on K-3 Visa.
Officer grilled client even though I-130 was already accepted, but we got final consent. The K-3 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen spouse of a United States (U.S.) citizen. The K3 visa is typically valid for only two years, after which you can apply for a stay extension. You can apply for an extension of stay by filing Form I-539, Application to Extend or Change Nonimmigrant Status. Reside in the U.S. with your family while waiting for the approval of your immigrant visa petition. Apply for a work permit. Travel outside of the U.S. on short trips and re-enter. Finally, because K3 Marriage visa applicants are married before they enter the United States and they file their immigration petition prior to or at the same time as the K3 visa petition, they typically obtain permanent residence status (green card status) a few months faster than K-1 fiancé applicants.